Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by River Tree Farms
Having a high-powered blender like Vitamix is convenient enough. But you are probably concerned about the most convenient way to clean it. For example, in a washing machine. So, are Vitamix containers dishwasher safe?
The simple answer is yes, they are. However, there is a wide variety of Vitamix containers. And not all of them are safe to clean using a dishwasher. So, washing those food processors with mild dish soap and warm water is the safest.
Common questions like if your Vitamix blender is dishwasher safe may be in your mind. Let’s know about it!
Are Vitamix Containers Dishwasher Safe?
There are a wide variety of Vitamix containers in the market. It means there is something for everyone. But not all of them are dishwasher safe. The company produces more than 17 Vitamix containers. So, you’d be smart to know which of the containers are compatible with dishwashers.
Vitamix blenders come in three primary product lines.
- Legacy (Classic and Next Generation),
- Smart System (Ascent and Venturist).
Amidst all of them, only the Smart system line offers containers that are dishwasher safe. The chart below will make it clearer:
|Explorian||For Ascent and Venturist, Yes.||Top rack only|
|Legacy||No||Hand washing with warm water and drops of dish soap|
|Smart System||No||Hand washing with warm and soapy water|
The Best way to Clean Your Vitamix
The day-to-day maintenance of your Vitamix container should be a pure breeze. It’s because of their self-cleaning cycle. Every Vitamix line offers a self-cleaning feature! Self-cleaning is a quick cleaning procedure.
Self-cleaning is a quick cleaning procedure for blender containers. But it does not include cleaning the motor base or the blades. Wipe down the motor base with a damp cloth to clean it. To clean the blades, gently remove any food particles with a soft brush or cloth.
The general rule is to run a regular cleaning cycle after each use. Check the model to determine if it has a pre-programmed cleaning function. If yes, a standard cleaning cycle for Vitamix should go like this:
- Immediately you finish using your Vitamix, it with warm clean water. Do not use hot water, as it could damage the container.
- Add some drops of soap to the container and fill it halfway through with warm water.
- Use the lid plug to lock the lid in position.
- Turn on the clean setting, and your machine will automatically turn off when complete.
- When done, empty the contents,
- Rinse, and air dry it.
If you want to wash using a dishwasher machine, follow the method below.
- Check that the container is completely empty.
- Remove the container’s lid plug and blade assembly.
- Put the container on the top-rack dishwasher.
- Use a dishwasher-safe detergent and run your dishwasher on a usual cycle.
- Remove the container from the dishwasher after the cycle is finished.
- Do not use the dishwasher’s drying cycle.
- Allow them to air dry entirely.
Note that: To dry the container or blade, do not use a fabric towel or cloth, as this might retain moisture and cause damage.
If your Vitamix machine does not have a clean setting, follow the following steps:
- Immediately after use, rinse your Vitamix container thoroughly with lukewarm clean water.
- Add a few drops of dish soap and fill it halfway with warm water.
- Secure the lid in position with the lid plug.
- Start the machine on variable speed 1. Then slowly increase to variable speed 10, and switch the speed to high.
- Run the machine on High for 30 – 60 seconds.
- Empty the contents, rinse thoroughly, and let the container air dry. Alternatively, you can use paper towels to pat it dry.
How to Deep Clean a Vitamix?
If you think your Vitamix container needs deep loving, there are ways to do it without damaging it. A deep clean may be necessary when your container has not been washed for a long time. Hard-to-clean residue stuck on stainless steel blades can dull your blades over time.
The self-cleaning method combined with the following steps is a great way to deep clean. Do these steps from time to time to complete your deep clean:
- Mix four cups of water with four cups of white vinegar in your Vitamix container
- Let it sit for about four hours. Empty the contents and rinse thoroughly.
- You can use lemon juice instead of the vinegar mixture.
- Follow the above cleaning steps.
How to Clean Stains from Your Container?
If you enjoy turmeric milk, green smoothie, nut butter, and other sticky ingredients, you may realize that your container starts staining at some point. Luckily, it doesn’t have to be a permanent situation. With these simple steps, you can clean stains from your Vitamix container.
- Start by mixing a cup of white vinegar with water in your container.
- Let the mixture sit for about two hours and pour it out.
- After rinsing it, use a soft bottle brush to clean the container.
- If the stain persists, repeat the process and let the Vitamix soak for a longer time with the vinegar solution.
- Repeat until you are satisfied with the results.
- Baking soda paste may also be a good alternative for removing stubborn stains.
If you want to prolong your Vitamix life, remember to not use these:
- Magic Eraser
- Bleach Solution
- Harsh Cleaning Solution
- Metal Scrubbers
How to Remove Stuck Food Particles on a Vitamix?
Getting rid of food and other particles stuck between blades can be challenging. Especially if you use sticky ingredients like peanut butter in your smoothies. The longer you let your Vitamix sit with food particles, the harder it will be to clean.
First, you will need to rinse out the blender container. Disassemble the blender blades. Scrub off anything stuck in the container with a soft bottle brush or sponge scrubber. Use soapy water to soak the sponge and do it in a circular motion. Clean the blades with a blade scraper similar way.
If some particles are still stuck, soak the container in warm water for about three hours. When the particles have loosened up, empty the contents. Then scrub your container off again. Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the results. After removing the food particles, you can run the Vitamix on clean settings.
How to Remove Odors from a Vitamix
You may have noticed foul smells coming from your Vitamix. Sometimes, even the best cleaning efforts aren’t enough to remove the odors. Here is how to keep your Vitamix container smelling fresh:
- Fill the container halfway with a 50/50 solution of white vinegar and warm water, and follow the steps to clean your Vitamix and rinse it out quickly.
- If your container still smells foul, fill it with a 50/50 white vinegar and warm water solution and let it soak for four hours or more. Empty it and follow the procedure for quick cleaning.
- If that isn’t enough to remove the smell, fill up your Vitamix container with warm water and add one and a half teaspoons of liquid bleach.
- Follow the steps for quick cleaning of your container.
Are Vitamix smoothie containers dishwasher safe?
Yes, Vitamix smoothie containers are dishwasher-safe. However, you must follow the guidelines in your instruction manual. What works for one model won’t necessarily work for another.
The Vitamix S-series blenders are the only top rack dishwasher-safe Vitamix products. With the 20-ounce and 40-ounce containers, they are from the Smart System line. You must check your model before putting it in the dishwasher. But be careful as:
- The heat from your dishwasher can cause permanent damage to your Vitamix,
- It may shorten the lifespan significantly,
- Your blades may corrode and dull over time,
- Their functionality may be compromised with time.
So, using warm water and a bit of dish soap in clean settings would be best to clean your Vitamix. As these are narrow containers, use a bottle brush to reach them. In addition, you need to have a clean cycle immediately after use. Let your smoothie container dry in natural air.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all Vitamix containers safe to clean with a dishwasher?
Various Vitamix models are available in the market, each with unique needs. Every model has special cleaning instructions. Only the S- series 20-ounce and 40-ounce containers are dishwasher safe. The Vitamix S30 container is also top-rack dishwasher safe.
Is Vitamix Explorian Dishwasher Safe?
The website advises to not put Explorian containers on the dishwasher.
Can I wash the Vitamix blender in the dishwasher?
While newer models are top-rack dishwasher safe, some models are not dishwasher safe. Putting them in the dishwasher could cause major damage. When unsure, always check the manual.
Is the Vitamix 64 oz container dishwasher safe?
The Vitamix 64 oz container is made from a durable polycarbonate material. And it is dishwasher safe. The container is also shatter-resistant and has a soft-grip handle for comfortable use. The container is designed to work with all Vitamix blender models.
Is the stainless steel Vitamix dishwasher safe?
Yes, the stainless steel Vitamix is dishwasher safe. You can wash it in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Are Vitamix containers dishwasher safe? The simple answer is it depends! So, going through the user manual is always a good idea. There are instances where you may need to do more than just put your container in the dishwasher. If your container is stained, you may need to soak it with a water-vinegar solution first. Contact customer service if you need additional help or information.