Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by River Tree Farms
The Emeril Air Fryer is a valuable kitchen appliance with many fantastic features. It makes cooking a lot easier, and you can use many different things to replace other kitchen appliances like toaster ovens.
However, you may have a bad experience because of Emeril Air fryer Problems. For example, I was helping a friend whose Emeril air fryer just stopped working to get a solution. We fell into more research into what was the possible problem.
We came across different reported issues with the Emeril Air Fryer and solutions that helped. Therefore, this review will cover some of the most common problems according to the users and how you can ensure your air fryer is trouble-free.
Emeril air fryer problems and solutions
1. Emeril lagasse air fryer not working
The Emeril air fryer will not work due to the reasons we are going to discuss below:
- Damaged heating element
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer heating element is one of the essential components as it is the one that produces the heat for the air fryer. Due to its extensive use, sometimes it gets faulty. You will turn on the air fryer, and it will not heat up.
- Wrong Temperature/ Time settings
The Emeril air fryer will not work when there are wrong temperature and time settings on the air fryer. All the same, it will not work if you have not selected the cooking time and temperatures.
- Power connection and supply failure
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer requires electrical power to function. The power failure can be due to several reasons: Faulty power socket, faulty power cable, blown fuses, and loose plug into the power outlet.
Any loose connections inside the air fryer might break the power supply inside the air fryer, making it not work.
- Fan not working
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer’s fan circulates the hot air from the heating element inside the air fryer. If the fan is not working, we can say overall that the air fryer will not work. The air fryer fan can fail due to a faulty motor, loose fan, and wiring problems.
- The Emeril Lagasse air fryer is not heating up.
If the air fryer is not heating up, it is not working as it cannot cook. The air fryer is not heating up because the heating element has a problem, a faulty fan, or a simple explanation as you have not inserted the basket properly.
The solution to the Emeril air fryer is not working
- Use the preset functions on the air fryer if it matches your ingredients. If not, ensure you set the correct temperatures and times.
- Ensure that there is a proper electricity supply.
- Insert the air fryer basket properly. You can refer to the user manual.
- If the Emeril Lagasse air fryer heating element and fan are not working, you need to contact customer care or Emeril Lagasse professionals.
2. Emeril lagasse air fryer smoke
The Emeril air fryer will mainly smoke for three reasons:
- Use excess oil and grease in your ingredients.
- Using oil that has a low smoking point.
- Food debris or residuals on the heating element.
- Food blows in the cooking process on the heating element.
- Wrong ingredients-temperature settings.
- Emeril air fryer components are burning and mostly accompanied by a burning smell.
- Use fewer oils since an air fryer doesn’t need any oil used.
- Use oils with high smoking points.
- Clean your air fryer after every use to ensure no food residuals and oils are left on the heating element.
- Keep your light ingredients sticking together by, for example, using a toothpick, so they do not blow onto the heating element.
- Strictly follow the temperature instructions given on a particular recipe
- Use in a well-ventilated room.
- If any component is burning, Plug out the air fryer and contact customer service.
3. Emeril lagasse airfryer overheating
Several users have reported that the Emeril air fryer experience overheating in the cooking process. Occasionally, it has even caught fire or started melting the plastic at the back of the vents. The possible reasons why the Emeril air fryer heats are:
- Faulty auto shut-off feature.
- System malfunction.
- No auto shut-off feature.
- Blocked air vents.
Precaution and solution to Emeril air fryer overheating:
- Do not prolong the cooking time in the air fryer.
- Do not cook near highly flammable items.
- Plug out the air fryer until it cools.
- Place the air fryer so that nothing is blocking the air vents, like the wall.
- Consider buying the Emeril air fryer model that has an auto shut-off feature.
- Contact customer care.
Please note: Always unplug your Emeril Lagasse air fryer when not in use, as it also has been reported to turn itself on and heat to extreme levels that can cause fire hazards.
4. Emeril air fryer unevenly cooked food
The food in the Emeril air fryer is unevenly cooked. Food is either: undercooked in some parts, overcooked, or even burnt. Possible causes are:
- Putting too much food in the air fryer basket.
- Put food of different sizes in the basket.
- Not shaking the food in the cooking process.
- Faulty air fryer fan.
- Cook your food in smaller batches.
- Shake your foot halfway through the cooking process.
- Preferably put uniformly sized food in the basket.
- Confirm even circulation of air by the fan and if not, contact customer care for help.
5. Emeril lagasse airfryer 360 E1 code error
- Thermal sensor failure.
- System malfunction.
- Reset the Emeril lagasse airfryer.
- Contact customer care for help.
How then do you reset the Emeril lagasse airfryer?
- Switch off the air fryer.
- Plug it out from the power outlet.
- Leave it unplugged for approximately 15 minutes.
- Plug it back and switch it on.
- Confirm the E1 code error has disappeared and your LCD screen has been restored.
6. Emeril air fryer undercooked food
- Overfilled air fryer basket.
- Low temperatures for the ingredients.
- Less cooking required time.
- Not preheating for the required foods like frozen foods.
- Do not overstack food in the basket. Cook according to the basket capacity.
- Set the correct temperatures and cooking time.
- Select the proper preset cooking function.
- Preheat where necessary.
7. Emeril air fryer overcooked food
- Airfryer overheating.
- Setting high temperatures for the ingredients.
- Longer cooking time than instructed in the recipe.
- Use the air fryer in a well-ventilated room and unblocked air vents.
- Set the correct temperatures for the ingredients.
- Use the required cooking time.
8. Emeril air fryer leakages
Emeril air fryers can leak oils and drippings through the doors, vents, and even past the drip trays. It makes the air fryer very dirty, and if not cleaned properly, it can produce some smell in the following cooking.
- Use little to no oil when using the Emeril air fryer.
- Thoroughly clean the air fryer with warm soapy water to eliminate the fats.
9. General system malfunction
The Emeril air fryer problems will be due to a general system malfunction. You might not be able to identify the problem unless you contact customer care or call in an air fryer expert.
Do not hesitate to contact customer care for help. Also, remember that if your Emeril Lagasse air fryer warranty has not expired, you can still enjoy free repair services.
Beware: of trying to handle the air fryer problem that is out of your reach. If you do, you will end up causing further damage, making it harder or sometimes impossible to repair an issue that was not as serious.
Is Emeril Lagasse a good air fryer?
Yes, the Emeril air fryer is good because:
- It cooks healthy food with little or no oil.
- Its versatility is from air frying to broiling, baking, rotisserie, roasting, and many more.
- It’s a large capacity to cook even whole chicken.
- It has easy use as a digital display.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is durable and made of stainless steel.
In summary, the Emeril Air Fryer has some excellent features that I like very much. The overall experience I’ve had with my friend’s Emeril air fryer has been a positive one. I’ve also come to know many Emeril air fryer users on their social media team over the years, who have always been quick to answer my questions and address my concerns.
Emeril Air Fryer problems will arise like any other electrical gadget you know. Fortunately, most of its common problems are minor issues you handle at home, and you get your Emeril air fryer running again.