Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by River Tree Farms
The air fryer basket is a small, cylindrical container that holds your ingredients and sits right inside the air fryer. You cannot put your food directly on the heating element, so inside the air fryer basket, the circulatory hot air cooks your food.
The air fryer basket is the part that is mainly removed from the air fryer-For cleaning, putting, and removing your food. Therefore, you need to know how to safely remove the air fryer basket without the risk of breaking something inside.
Removing an air fryer basket is a simple task, and for certainty and safety, in this article, I will show you how to remove an air fryer basket in simple steps.
How to remove the air fryer basket?
Before I guide you on how to remove the air fryer basket, I need to know why you are removing it so that I can give you the best guidance according to your need. You are likely to remove your air fryer basket in these instances:
- Remove your cooked food.
- To put ingredients for cooking.
- For cleaning after the cooking session.
To remove the air fryer basket to get your cooked food, you need to be very careful and wait until the air fryer is cooled to clear the basket. Do not be deceived by the air fryer basket’s handles, as in most air fryer models, and the handles are cool to the touch.
So, how do you remove the air fryer basket?
- Safely grasp the handle of the air fryer basket using one hand and the other hand holding the air fryer and pull out.
- Place the air fryer basket on a flat and preferably heat-resistant surface if still hot.
- Lift the air fryer basket off the base tray by pressing the demounting button.
- Your air fryer basket is ready to clean, place, or remove your food.
- The demounting button is at the top of the handle of the air fryer basket.
- You only need to remove the air fryer basket from the base tray if you need to clean it or withdraw your food to reduce excess weight, hence safe food removal.
How do you separate a basket from an air fryer pan?
Open by lifting or sliding the safety cover at the top of the handle where your thumb holds as you remove the air fryer basket. Inside you will see a button. Press and release the button to remove your air fryer basket from the pan.
Remember, it is not safe to press this button while removing the air fryer basket from the air fryer. You press the button after pulling out the basket to avoid any damage inside the air fryer. After all, you cannot separate the basket from the pan when they are still inside the air fryer.
Separating a basket from the pan allows you to efficiently and quickly clean the basket off the grease oils and food stickings.
How do you prevent the air fryer basket from sticking?
Cooking fish, chicken, and many other foods will probably leave your air fryer basket stuck. To prevent the food from sticking to the air fryer basket:
- Spray the air fryer basket with a very light coating of oil-Vegetable oil, avocado oil, olive oil, or whatever cooking oil you prefer.
- Cover the air fryer basket surface with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
These are the main methods that will prevent the sticking. However, when you are selecting the cooking oil:
- Ensure you choose the oil with a high smoking point to withstand the high temperatures in the air fryer.
- Do not use aerosols or non-stick cooking sprays, as they will damage your air fryer.
Also, when you are using aluminum foil, you need to adhere to the following instructions:
- Ensure you only cover the air fryer basket surface without covering the sides, as the aluminum can catch fire from the heating element.
- Avoid using aluminum when cooking acidic foods like tomatoes, pepper, and citrus.
Can you remove the air fryer basket while cooking?
Yes, you can remove the air fryer basket from the air fryer in the cooking process as long as it does not stay out for a long time.
Why do you need to remove the air fryer basket while cooking?
- Shake the ingredients for a crispier and even cooking.
- To check the progress of cooking and adjust temperatures and cooking time where required.
You need to avoid letting the air fryer basket stay outside the air fryer when it is still running to avoid the following:
- Overheating of the air fryer.
- Waste of energy.
Can you put the basket of an air fryer in the dishwasher?
Yes and no. You can only put the basket of an air fryer allowed by the manufacturer to clean in a dishwasher. Different air fryer models have various instructions regarding washing them in a dishwasher according to their manufacturers’ user manual.
However, Most air fryer baskets are dishwasher safe with a non-stick coating that makes them extremely easy to clean and maintain. Remove any residuals and sticking in the air fryer basket before washing them in a dishwasher.
It is also good to occasionally hand wash your air fryer as prolonged dishwashing may wear out the non-stick surface of the basket.
So there you have it, a step-by-step guide on removing an air fryer basket.
The air fryer basket is a removable part that allows you to put uncooked food and remove cooked food from the air fryer. You can also use it to check how your food is progressing in your air fryer, especially if your air fryer does not have a transparent window.
Might you think you need pliers and screwdrivers to remove the air fryer basket? No, it is never that serious. It is just a matter of pulling out the basket and pressing the demounting button to separate the basket from the base pan.