Last Updated on August 25, 2022 by Peralta
Are you a sumptuous cheese lover and prefer your morning meal without a single spread of butter? As you know, butter users would possibly debate the idea of subscribing to a butter-free meal as healthy or perhaps economical. Factually, butter is rich in fat, making it an enemy to your health. This article offers a beneficial guideline when you want to begin a diet routine made of no butter or if you want your cheese served without butter. Here’s a simple direct guide on preparing your cheesy grilled meal when you need one.
How Can You Make Grilled Cheese without Butter?
Preparing a grilled cheese is actually headache free. All you might need is a few ingredients and some little time, and you’re set. Below is a guideline to help you make grilled cheese without butter.
Making Grilled Cheese without Butter in Seconds.
Here’s what you need before making your cheese.
- 2-3 teaspoons of Mayonnaise.
- Two slices of white bread.
- Two slices of cheese. It could be Feta, Mozzarella, or Parmesan.
Grilled Cheese without Butter Recipe Step by Step
- Put a pan on the stove over low heat
- Spread Mayo on a single side of your bread equally
- Facing down on the heating pan, place the bread with the mayo
- Sprinkle a whole piece of cheese or cut pieces over the bread in the frying pan
- Place the second piece of bread together with mayonnaise, then ensure the mayonnaise faces up first.
- Before the lower side turns golden brown, give it time to cook.
- Turn the sandwich upside down for the other side to cook till it turns golden brown.
- After melting, remove the pan and put it on a serving dish.
Procedure on How to Make Grilled Cheese without Butter or Mayonnaise
If you don’t like mayonnaise, you can substitute and choose to use mango chutney to give you a palatable and savory flavor to your grilled cheese. Chutney is made of caramelized onions and potato starch, thus making it healthier.
Here’s a quick recipe to make Mango Chutney:
- One tablespoon mango chutney (or caramelized onions)
- ¼ teaspoon potato starch
- Sixty grams of gruyere cheese.
- Two slices of good quality sandwich
- One tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Grilled Cheese without Butter or Mayonnaise
- Make sure to toss the cheese together with the potato starch in a small bowl.
- On one slice of the bread, pour half of the olive oil. Spread it with a spoon, and then put the oiled side-down bread in a skillet.
- On one side of your other slice of bread, spread the Mango Chutney. Place the bread, chutney side down, onto the cheese.
- Onto the top of the sandwich, pour the remaining olive oil, then spread it around with a spoon. Put a flat bottom plate on the sandwich, then put the stove over medium-low heat.
- Until the bottom is evenly brown, grill the sandwich, turn the sandwich over, return the weight on the sandwich, and grill the same on another side until all over brown.
How Can You Make Grilled Cheese Healthy? Here is the key
Below are some tips to help you lose weight while trying to upgrade flavor if you need to eat healthier.
Go for the appropriate cheese
Blue cheese is recommended, but cheddar cheese is an option for more hardy varieties when avoiding cheeses with a lenient flavor. Therefore, don’t give all types of cheese similar treatment since they don’t have the same flavor. Because of its exquisite taste, a tiny amount will be sufficient, reducing calorie consumption and fats.
Skip the butter for life
Butter consumers assume that it’s the only way that their grilled cheese sandwiches are outstanding and pulpy ones are a no. However, the usage of olive oil, reduced-fat sour cream, or canola oil gives your sandwich a profuse, flush texture.
Give a chance to some vegetables
To enhance the polished cheese’s texture, add it to several vegetables. Mix in other ingredients like onions, smashed beans, tomatoes, or any other variety of vegetables. Parents will adore this advice purposely because it’s a clever way of smuggling some vegetables into your children’s diet. This leads to a subdued outcome while also getting good nutrition.
Choose a healthier bread
Upgrading to a country-style loaf is another option that might be a little more expensive. However, a lot more flavor becomes the outcome. You get the additional health benefits of
grains and fiber when you spread your melted cheese over all bread and loaves, which tastes as good as doing so on white bread.
Master a crispy crust
The word “grilled cheese” is a poor description. A good description would call it “fried cheese” since it’s coated in fat and not grilled. Learning the skill of making a golden outer crust without involving butter in the recipe would give you an explored taste and a fat-free cheese meal. You can use a panini maker to form the crisp by compressing the hot surface bread and helping it crisp manually.
Is grilled Cheese Good without Butter?
In recent times most people have been adapting to diets that are butter-free. Butter-free recipes are said to be healthier. Having fewer fats in the body keeps you off some dietetic diseases, therefore, making you fit health-wise. However, not all alternatives to butter are 100% healthy.
Grilled cheese is no doubt a meal to drool over; thus, you can give yourself a special treat with this meal at any time of the day. With just a few requirements and a little time to prepare, this meal can bring the best out of you. Made of a friable exterior and a squashy middle, you can suit your appetite with this meal and be disappointed not.
Such an easy meal to prepare, isn’t it? Previously you had learned how to make grilled cheese without butter, ain’t no way you can make a mistake. As you get ready to cook, treat this as a new skill to be added to your endless list of abilities—all the best in your new meal preparation adventure. Enjoy your grilled cheese!
Hi, My name is Lawrence B. Peralta. I am sharing with you all the home and kitchen related tips on my blog. My team and I are trying our best to solve your problems in detail. I hope you will benefit from my blog.