Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by River Tree Farms
You may have noticed that your Gourmia Air Fryer isn’t turning on. Air Fryer users tend to face this problem from time to time. If you experience a Gourmia Air Fryer not turning on, it can be due to several problems. But don’t worry.
You probably can fix those without professional help. You may wonder why your Gourmia digital air fryer is not turning on. There are many common air fryer issues. Such as selecting the wrong cooking program, faulty components, power disconnection, etc.
I schemed through user manuals to write this article about air fryers. It will help you understand why the Gourmia air fryer not working. To find possible fixes and have better experiences with air fryers, let’s get started.
Why is my Gourmia air fryer not turning on?
There could be many reasons Gourmia digital air fryer is not working. It could be because of a straightforward mechanical problem. Also, a complex technical problem. Or you may not even know how to turn your appliance on.
How do you turn on a Gourmia air fryer?
Turning on the Gourmia air fryer is an easy step in starting the cooking process. Below are the steps for turning on the Gourmia air fryer and getting started:
- Place your Gourmia Air Fryer on a flat, stable surface. Keep it away from combustible items like curtains.
- Insert the crisper tray into the air fryer. Put the ingredients in the basket, and slide the pan, ensuring the door is closed correctly.
- Plug the air fryer into a working wall socket.
- Press the play icon to power on the air fryer. Blue dotted lights with temperatures and time will appear.
- Press once the preset cooking functions that you want to use.
- The Gourmia Air Fryer starts the cooking process until the preset time out.
But if you followed the steps correctly and your device is still not on, there could be other problems. Listed below are the possible reasons why your Gourmia air fryer is not turning on:
1. Poor Power Connections and Supply
The Gourmia air fryer is run on electric power. So, it will not turn on if there is a power disconnection. If the power cable doesn’t supply from the power socket to the Gourmia gadget. Other connectivity problems that could lead to the Gourmia air fryer not turning on are:
- Not plugged in– You must firmly plug your Gourmia air fryer into the wall socket for it to supply power. If there is a loose connection of the electrical power cable, the power supply to the air fryer can stop.
- Faulty wall socket– The wall socket supplies the power through the electrical power cable to the air fryer. The sockets can get broken over time. To confirm this problem, plug your Gourmia digital air fryer into another socket.
- Broken Cable– The power cord may have undergone wear and tear over some time. It can have visible fraying of wires. This will hinder the transfer of power from the wall socket to the air fryer. Your Gourmia air fryer will not turn on because of this.
- Blown Fuse– Gourmia digital air fryer plug has a built-in fuse for safety reasons. It protects your gadget when there is a power surge. In case of power disruptions and waves, the fuse blows. It prevents the power surge from destroying your device. When the fuse blows, there is no power connection in the Gourmia air fryer’s plug. Therefore, it will not turn on even when connected to the wall socket.
- Power Loss- Check if there is a power loss in your neighborhood. Like other electrical appliances, your Gourmia digital air fryer won’t work without electricity.
- Replace the faulty wall socket, broken wires, and blown fuse
- Firmly but gently press the plug to the wall socket.
- Wait for the power loss issue to resolve.
2. Improperly Closed Air Fryer Basket
Gourmia digital air fryer models only turn on if the air fryer basket is closed in the right way. It is a safety feature to save your expensive appliances from damage. During the cooking time, position your air fryer basket correctly. Properly sealing the basket is necessary.
- Do not overfill your air fryer basket so that it is hard to close.
- Always place your air fryer basket in the correct position.
3. Air fryer Internal Damage
A broken Gourmia air fryer will not turn on. It might have one or multiple faulty components and internal damages. Try to confirm that all those problems mentioned above are not the case. If so, your air fryer might have fallen, or maybe you have used it for a long time.
- Contact customer service as there is nothing much you can do. With a broken Gourmia air fryer, it is better to look for professional help.
Gourmia Air Fryer Turning Off Problem
We have discussed why your Gourmia Digital Air Fryer is not turning on. But what if your fryer keeps turning off? It may happen due to problems with air fryer components. Touchscreen air fryers may have issues with digital display. The air fryer cord can be also faulty for disrupting the connection. Some other reasons include:
- Wrong timer and temperature settings: If you choose preset during the cooking process incorrectly. If the temperature is wrong, the fryer controller can get confused. Then the device will turn off.
- General System Malfunction: The air fryer fan, display, wirings, etc., may slowly stop working. It happens when the appliance is overused. This can escalate quickly. As a result, your air fryer may completely stop working. Gourmia air fryer can also stop working if:
- Minor problems escalated to no return.
- Digital controls had errors.
To fix this:
- Reset your Gourmia air fryer
- Contact customer care
Gourmia Air Fryer Reset Button
The reset button is part of Gourmia air fryer troubleshooting. It offers safety to the air fryer. The Gourmia air fryer reset button can shut off the air fryer. It happens when the sensor senses any overheating preventing. It is a safety switch that prevents:
- Air fryer components damage
- Burnt food
- Wrong Cooking cycle
The Gourmia air fryer reset button location is near the base of the air fryer. Resetting will shut down the fryer for a couple of minutes. It will also erase all pre-programmed settings and restore factory defaults. The Gourmia air fryer reset button resets the air fryer when:
- It stops working
- It has an error code
- It is working abnormally. Not as per the temperature or time settings
Please note: Use the Gourmia air fryer reset button only when needed. Before you reset your air fryer, make sure you double-check. Make sure whether it is another problem that is causing it to misbehave. When you are pressing, press gently to avoid breaking the reset button.
Gourmia Air Fryer Fan Not Working
The Gourmia air fryer fan is the master behind the hot air circulation cooking. If your air fryer fan is not working, your food will not cook or be evenly cooked. It will not achieve the crispiness it should be in an air fryer. It can also cause the fryer to stop working as well as turn it off. The Gourmia air fryer is not working due to various reasons, such as:
- Power Loss:
The electricity supplies the Gourmia air fryer fan power. The whole system will not work if there is no electricity power.
- Overheating of the air fryer:
The fan will stop working if the system has an extremely high temperature. It is because the air fryer’s fan is circulating the hot air.
- Faulty Motor:
The motor supplies power to the air fryer fan to function. If the engine of the air fryer fan breaks down, the fan will rotate. The fan may be in good working condition but not working because something tiny has stuck in it.
- Timer Unit:
When there is an error in the timer unit setting, the cooking process will not start. As a result, your fan will not work.
- Power disruption:
The internal wires supply the power from the motor to the air fryer fan. If they are disconnected or broken, your air fryer fan will not work. Any slight power disconnection to the air fryer itself or the air fryer fan will make the air fryer not work.
- Broken air fryer:
Maybe your air fryer had accidental damage. A faulty air fryer door, a blown thermal fuse. Multiple dysfunctionalities will have a complete system failure. The air fryer fan will not work as well.
How long does a Gourmia air fryer last?
The Gourmia air fryer is a sturdy and durable kitchen appliance. It is made from heavy-duty stainless steel. As long as it is well taken care of, the Gourmia air fryer will last for the longest time possible. It has wonderful qualities like:
- It is not prone to rust.
- Its surface is heavy-duty stainless steel.
- Non-stick removable parts such as the crisper tray and pans.
As an air fryer owner, your Gourmia air fryer not turning on can be frustrating. After all, you invested in efficient cooking technology. As we have seen, there are various reasons your Gourmia Air fryer is not turning on. The most common ones are power-related issues or broken machines.
If your Gourmia Air Fryer is not turning on, try fixing the issue using the methods discussed in the article. If the problem still persists, don’t hesitate to contact customer care.