Last Updated on May 19, 2023 by River Tree Farms
An air fryer liner is a must-have air fryer accessory. Air fryer liners are designed to make your air fryer cooking more efficient. They prevent food from sticking to the cooking surfaces of the air fryer basket. They also help reduce the clean-up time required after using your air fryer.
There are a lot of liners available in the market. Some of them are parchment paper liners, silicone air fryer liners, and foil papers. In this article, we’ll explain all about air fryer liners and their correct use. As well as, why you should consider investing in some for your air fryer. So, let’s get started!
What is an air fryer liner?
An air fryer liner is a pre-cut paper placed at the bottom of an air fryer basket. It prevents foods and cramps from sticking into the air fryer. They contain holes that help in the circulation of air.
The air fryer liners come in different shapes and sizes to accommodate all your needs. They are made with various materials like silicone air fryer liners are made of silicone. You can also just line your fryer with a handy parchment paper. Many use bamboo steamers too.
These liners will save your air fryer from blockage and your time scrubbing the basket. So that you can enjoy mess-free air frying if you want some homemade healthy crispy food.
Why use an air fryer liner?
Air fryer liners will save you a lot of energy that you would have spent cleaning your air fryer after cooking. An air fryer liner placed at the bottom of the air fryer is easy to clean. It ensures no food particles get in the air fryer.
The sleek surface helps food steam without sticking into the air fryer. More reasons why you should use an air fryer liner include the following;
- The liners keep food from tearing. Delicate foods like fish fillets don’t pull when placed in air fryer liners.
- Clean-up is significantly easier. These liners are made up of papers that don’t stick; hence cleaning up is very simple. You can throw away the disposable liners after use.
- The liners protect your basket and racks. No hard scrubbing reduces the wear and tear in the stands.
- Air holes on air fryer paper liners ensure optimal airflow and even heat distribution.
- They are very affordable and can also be homemade.
- Cuts down cleaning time to save you time when you are on a time crunch.
Various Types of Air Fryer Liners
When it comes to air Fryer Accessories, air fryer basket liners are necessities. They vary based on your air fryer model, needs, and materials. Based on your preference, you can use homemade liners using tin foil or a roll of parchment paper. Even a bamboo steamer can be used with some caution. Or you can buy pre-made air fryer liners.
Many companies sell a range of liners, in the shape of your air fryer basket. Air fryer silicone liners square, and air fryer parchment paper, are some of them.
Many air fryer manufacturers also sell liners as air fryer accessory kits. Chefman Air Fryer, COSORI air fryers offer their own parchment paper liners. Chefman Air Fryer liners are compatible with their 10-liter capacity baskets.
Which Air Fryer Liner is The best?
Digital Air Fryer Ovens are great but their basket usually can get damaged due to heavy cleaning. Using an air fryer silicone pot or an air fryer disposable paper liner can prevent that. But which air fryer liner should you choose?
Here is a comparison table of different types of air fryer liners based on their material:
|Prevents sticking is easy to use and dispose of, and can be cut to size
|Can burn at high temperatures, not reusable, don’t have drain channels.
|Baking, roasting, and frying
|reusable air fryer liners, easy to clean, durable liners, safe for high temperatures
|more expensive than parchment paper
|Baking, roasting, and frying
|Can withstand high temperatures, can be cut to size
|Can tear or puncture easily, is not eco-friendly, and can affect air circulation
|Baking and roasting, are not recommended for frying
|Reusable, durable liners, safe for high temperatures, eco-friendly
|Can be difficult to clean, and can affect air circulation
|Roasting and grilling
How to use Air fryer liners?
Most of these air fryer liners will come with a manual for using them. Product Descriptions or manuals will help you understand how to use the liners. Follow these simple steps for using liners for your air frying task:
Step 1: Get the best quality air fryer liners. Ensure that you get liners that fit perfectly in your fryer. You can cut them to your desired size and shape if they do not fit perfectly.
Step 2: Connect your machine to power and preheat.
Step 3: Spread the liner on the bottom surface of your air fryer without the baskets and tray. Don’t put the liner on the fryer without food.
Step 4: Place your food into the liner and place it back in the appliance.
NB: Always ensure that the temperatures match your ingredients. If the food requires high temperatures, heat the air fryer to that degree. It would be best to also heat your air fryer before putting the liners.
Where do you put your air fryer liners?
Liners should be placed at the bottom of your appliance when the air fryer is heated. The liner should cover the bottom of the basket and not under the base. Cut the liners to fit the size of the bottom of your appliance. Also, make sure your liner doesn’t get stuck to the heating element.
How do you use air fryer parchment liners?
Parchment paper liners offer perfect crispness without a mess in your air fryer. An air fryer with quick heating ability is great to use parchment liners in.
Perforated parchment papers are best because they have air holes. But you can use regular parchment paper too. In this case, use a hole puncher to create holes. It would help if you did not use liners with no food. For you to effectively use the parchment papers, you should:
- Read the manual. When you buy your air fryer, ensure there is a manual with clear instructions. Different models have different manuals. It will show you if yours is heat resistant and can and cannot be used.
- Use perforated parchment paper. A good parchment paper should be perforated to enable good air circulation. If the paper doesn’t have holes, make yours.
- Place the parchment paper at the bottom of your basket and not beneath it. Also, ensure that it does not cover the spaces for air circulation.
- Heat the air fryer first before placing the parchment paper in it. You should also not put parchment paper with no food on it. The paper is very light and can fly around, causing the fire.
- Get good-quality parchment paper. Use FDA-approved parchment papers. An air fryer can heat up to 400℉, and when the quality is compromised, it will easily catch fire.
- Avoid reusing parchment paper.
- Maintain the appropriate cooking time, so your liner doesn’t burn. Consult the table for identifying cooking time: Food Temperature Time Chicken breast 370℉ 20-25 minutes Burgers 350℉ 8-10 minutes meatballs 400℉ 7-10 minutes Steak 400℉ 7-14 minutes Tilapia 400℉ 6-8 minutes The temperatures of an air fryer will depend on the type of food you are making. Frozen foods will need a high temperature as compared to snacks.
How do you use air fryer filter paper?
These filter papers are like parchment paper. They are heat-resistant and non-stick. When making your foods, they are heat-resistant. Hence you can check them without getting burned. They are non-stick; thus, foods do not stick to the paper when there is a spillage. These papers come in different shapes and are made of food-grade material. So they are food-friendly and do not bleach.
Should I line my air fryer with foil?
Whether or not you should use foil depends on the food you make. Some acidic foods like tomatoes and citrus react with aluminum foil. You should not use foil for that food. For foods that don’t respond to the aluminum metal surface, you can use foil. But it should only be in the base of the appliance.
However, the model of the fryer also affects whether or not you should use foil. Refer to the manual for precautions to be on the safe side. Ensure that you leave space in the aluminum foil for airflow circulation.
Can I put a paper towel in an air fryer?
It would be best not to put a paper towel in an air fryer. They prevent hot air flow, disrupting the cooking process. Experts don’t recommend paper towels because;
- You can’t get an even, crispy-fried texture. If there is no proper airflow in the fryer, some parts of the food may be left uncooked while others may overcook.
- Direct contact with the heating element can cause a fire. An air fryer uses scorching temperatures when frying foods. It gets overheated often, causing the paper towels to catch fire.
Experts do not recommend materials that are affected by extreme temperatures. Steel cookware is also inappropriate as it is not a good conductor of heat. However, You can use paper towels to absorb the excess fat from your food after air frying.
Will baking paper burn the air fryer?
Baking Paper for Air fryers is suitable. Placing baking paper without food can burn the paper causing damage to the fryer. Baking paper can heat up to 425℉ in an air fryer. These are user-friendly and grease resistant. To make a perforated surface, you can punch air holes into them.
Can I put wax paper in the air fryer?
Anything that can melt is not recommended to be used in an air fryer. You should not use wax paper because it can melt.
What to Keep in Mind while Buying Silicone Air fryer Liners?
Silicone mats with perforated holes are the best air fryer liners. Even though air fryers use little-to-no oil, silicone liners decrease it even more.
An air fryer is a great kitchen appliance. You can enjoy your comfort food with a crispy texture without deep frying. Air fryer liners make that task easier.
Many people love the air fryer liners as they protect your air fryer basket from all the scrubbing. They are straightforward to clean, and using them is very simple. The liners are also fit for your oven, so serving multiple purposes. Even the nonstick basket may need air fryer liners too.
The liners are also very affordable, with a pack of 100 pieces going for $ 7.15. They will save you the time you would have spent cleaning up the air fryer basket. You will never regret investing in an air fryer liner. So happy air frying!