Last Updated on March 20, 2023 by Peralta
The Ninja Air Fryer is one of the popular kitchen appliances that are great if you want to eat healthy foods. Or, if you want to enjoy an alternative to traditional fryers, you can air fry using it with little or no oil.
But what if your Ninja air fryer won’t turn on? Several things could be wrong. If it doesn’t turn on, it could be a common issue. Or an issue you cannot figure out.
Your air fryer cord may not be connected to an electrical outlet. It may have a blown fuse during the cooking cycle. It may even have physical damage.
So, this article will explain each issue. As well as introduce you to simple solutions to fix it.
Why May Your Ninja Air Fryer Not Turn On?
We all crave fatty foods from time to time. Air fryers can help you not miss that crispy texture without devouring a lot of oil. All 5 dedicated air fryers from Ninja can lessen your oil consumption by up to 75%!
But due to many problems like power wire issues or faulty components, your Ninja air fryer may not turn up.
Here are some more reasons why your Ninja Air Fryer is not turning:
- The air fryer is not plugged in
You could be struggling to turn on an air fryer that is either not plugged in or the power cord is loosely plugged-in.
Check the connection of the power supply and cable of the appliance. Ensure that they are fully inserted into their wall sockets. If it is correctly plugged-in check
- Broken power cord
Look for wear and tear in your power cord or just some broken part. A broken power cable will not supply power from the outlet to your appliance.
- Power outage
Check around the house to see whether other electrical appliances are turning on. Check with your neighbors as an alternative to confirm that there is a power loss in your area.
If there is no power loss problem, the power outlet may be faulty. You can check it by plugging in a different electrical device to the outlet.
- The basket is improperly installed.
The Ninja air fryer has a safety feature designed regarding the basket. So if the tray is not correctly positioned, the air fryer will not turn on. Check if the gasket is properly latched.
- Broken down air fryer
If the problems mentioned above are not the reason, then it might be physical damage. Has your ninja air fryer broken down? How to understand that?
Well, you can check for the following signs:
- White smoke
- Blue smoke
- Black smoke
- Sounds of loose parts if shaken
- Visible scratches and cracks
- Broken air fryer basket
Some parts of your air fryer can fall apart if you have used it for some time. You will have to get it replaced or call an expert.
- Blown-up Fuse
Ninja air fryers have a built-in thermal fuse. It is a safety measure that automatically cuts off power if it overheats. It is to prevent fire hazards.
If your air fryer has a blown fuse, it will not turn on.
Why did My Ninja Air Fryer Stop Working Midcooking?
There may be times when your Ninja air fryer can stop working during cooking time. Here are some reasons why this can happen:
- The Power issues
Again the electricity connectivity can be the main issue. Examples include:
- power loss, broken sockets, damaged power cords
- blown fuse, tripped electrical circuit breaker,
- improperly plugged air fryers
Your cooking program buttons may malfunction and shut your air fryer down. Based on the air fryer models, buttons on a Ninja air fryer may vary. But typically, they include:
- Power Button
- Time Button
- Temperature Button
- Function Button: As Air Fry, Max Crisp, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Reheat, etc.
- Start/Stop Button
- Dehydrate Button: Dehydrates food.
See if the buttons are functioning correctly.
- Temperature problem
Setting the wrong cooking temperature can cause your air fryer to shut down. The correct temperature needs to be selected; otherwise, overheating or underheating can happen.
As a safety precaution, Ninja fryers have a built-in fuse. Overheating can blow the fuse and cut power to the air fryer.
- Stand By Mode
Maybe you have kept your fryer plugged in but did not use your Ninja air fryer for a longer period of time. This can cause the controls to become unresponsive. The appliance went into standby mode to conserve energy. The air fryer won’t, therefore, turn on.
- The ninja air fryer fan is not working.
The air fryer will generally not work if the fan is not working. Check if the air circulation is flowing.
So How Do you troubleshoot your ninja air fryer?
Learning air fryer troubleshooting issues and fixes always comes in handy. Here’s what to do if your air fryer doesn’t turn on:
- If the air fryer is not turning on, ensure that all the related power issues are resolved. For example, Power sockets, Power cables, and power connections.
- If the basket is not installed correctly, remove it first. Put it back into the air fryer, and ensure it fits and is positioned perfectly.
- If the timer is not functioning correctly, plug the fryer first and let it stay for some time before plugging it in. Then check if the time is working. If not yet, Press and hold the up arrow on the temperature to try and restart the timer. The timer should now be working and not the setting. Start the timer.
- If the air fryer controls are not responding, check if the air fryer is on standby mode. If yes, press the power button and try resetting the air fryer.
- If your air fryer doesn’t heat when powered on, make sure you first preheat the air fryer for 3-5 minutes. Preheating before setting the recipe cooking temperatures is important.
- Is the air fryer fan not working? There may be an electrical connection or internal problems with the fan. That means the fan may need to be replaced.
- If the air fryer does not cook food, it is mainly because the basket is not fully inserted.
- Check if there is any safety switch. This switch is a child safety feature that prevents the air fryer from turning on. If there is any safety switch, locate it and switch it off.
- If your air fryer still does not work, reset the air fryer.
Many times your air fryer issues still can persist. Consult a qualified technician or take it to a repair shop. The repair costs may vary depending on the issue.
How to Reset The Ninja Foodi Air Fryer?
Does the Ninja air fryer have a reset button? No Ninja air fryers do not have a reset button. So basically, this is what you do to reset your air fryer.
- Unplug your Ninja air fryer from its power source. If it is cooking, allow it to cool first.
- Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds.
- Let the air fryer sit for another 5 to 10 minutes before plugging it back in and trying to turn it on again.
Hopefully, the unit will turn on and is in excellent working condition.
Signs Your Air Fryer is not Working Properly.
To prevent problems with your air fryers, you should always watch out for the signs of any problem. Here are some signs that your air fryer may not be working properly:
- Food is not cooking evenly.
- You have trouble controlling the features.
- The control panel has become unresponsive or responding with delay.
- Food is taking longer to cook.
- The appliance is getting overheated.
- The timer is not working.
- Strange noises from the fan or heating element.
- Unpleasant odor from the buildup of food particles, grease, or other debris.
- Smoke is coming out of it.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if the ninja air fryer shut off while cooking?
It could be as simple as power loss or delivery problems or as complicated as an air fryer breakdown.
Why won’t your Ninja air fryer not turn on when plugged in?
Well, is your socket switched on? If yes. Then the socket itself could be having an issue. If the socket is suitable, either the power cord or the fuse is damaged. If your air fryer is still not working, your ninja air fryer could be broken down.
Does Ninja Foodi Have A Fuse?
While we did talk about a blown fuse, the Ninja Air Fryer does not really come with a fuse.
How does, then, this air fryer safeguard itself from power surges and power overloads? It has a built-in thermal cutoff switch that will shut off power to your ninja air fryer.
It works similarly to the fuse. But the main difference is if your air fryer overheats, the fuse will cut off the heating. Whereas, the cutoff stops the motor from spinning, preventing the heat from generating.
Why Is My Ninja Foodi Not Pressurizing?
Ninja has dedicated lines of air fryers. It also has multicookers with an air frying option. If you have one of those and your Ninja Foodi isn’t pressurizing, there are a few things that can go wrong. Try to-
1. Check the Pressure Release Valve:
The pressure release valve is located just under the handle of the lid.
2. The pressure release valve could be:
- Blocked- it will not move when you try to push it down. If it’s stuck, rinse it in hot water and ensure no food is stuck to it or around the edges. You can also use a sharp object or a toothpick to gently free anything stuck in this area.
- Clogged- drippings on your pressure release valve, preventing steam from being released. You can solve this by clearing the valve pathway. Then lock the lid into place again. Wait for about fifteen seconds before turning off your Ninja Foodi.
- Dirty- Always make sure the pressure valve is clean.
The lid or the gasket seals are not properly locked. Close the top. You have to turn the little lever at its side until you hear a click, signaling that everything is good to go.
The Ninja air fryer is a perfect kitchen gadget that cooks different foods. It also saves you money, time, and space. As a bonus, it does not use cooking oil, which means you can cook tasty and healthy food for your family.
But again, sometimes it will happen that your Ninja air fryer won’t turn on. First, try plugging it back in. If you have an outlet checker, use that to ensure the outlet is getting power. Try plugging it into a different outlet or resetting your breaker switch if it isn’t.
As we have discussed, contact Ninja Customer Service if you still can’t get your air fryer to turn on.